COVID-19 Information to Know from the FDX MEC
If you have information with regard to operational impacts as it relates to coronavirus, then:
1) Submit an INSITE report and 2) Submit a PDR with trip sequence and full details to the "Coronavirus" category.
Your FDX MEC, along with its committees, are monitoring the ongoing situation and are also coordinating with FedEx management in their efforts to ensure the health and safety of crew and family. Additionally, we are passing along information submitted via Pilot Data Report (PDR) to management.
If you have a concern or report, please send a PDR to "CoronaVirus"
We are also working closely with our resources at ALPA in Engineering and Air Safety and Communications who are monitoring the Coronavirus situation closely. For ALPA's hub of information, click here.
CDC and WHO Recommendations
For the full summary, details, recommendations and more from the CDC, please click here.
How to protect yourself and others
- There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
- The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes or talks.
- These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
- Some recent studies have suggested that COVID-19 may be spread by people who are not showing symptoms.
For further recommendations, click here to view the CDC guide.